10 Easy Keys for Encouraging Creativity:
- Take time with a child’s art.
- Show respect for the art and the artist’s process.
- Comment on fundamentals: lines, shapes and colors: “I see you used three colors.”
- Show curiosity: “How did you get this effect here?”
- Recognize the differences and changes: “Your drawings look bigger these days.”
- Ask open-ended questions: “Will you tell me about your picture?”
- Provide fuel for creativity: “What other materials do you need?”
- Resourcefully collect recycled boxes, tubes, and lumber scraps. Make 3-D creations.
- Change it up with a variety of drawing, painting, and clay materials.
Avoid coloring books or overly structured outlets…